The HQS Wellington is the last surviving member of the Grimsby class of sloops. Built in 1933, the Wellington served valiantly during the Second World War, performing convoy escort duties in the Atlantic. It has been moored on the Thames by Temple tube station since 1948, when the ship was purchased to be the Livery Hall for the Honorable Company of Master Mariners.
In recent years, Wellington has hosted successful temporary exhibitions to increase public awareness of Merchant Navy history and its significance to wider British history. There are exciting long term plans to continue developing the education and engagement offer on board.