Over the past 80 years, the International Rescue Committee (IRC) has developed unparalleled expertise in responding to emergencies and helping uprooted communities to rebuild. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
The International Rescue Committee Europe is part of the IRC global network, which has its headquarters in New York and London. The IRC is on the ground in more than 40 countries, providing emergency relief, relocating refugees and rebuilding lives in the wake of disaster. Through over 20 regional offices in cities across the United States, the IRC also helps refugees resettle in the US and become self-sufficient.
The IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and, most crucially, accountability to those we serve. The IRC is a tireless advocate for the most vulnerable.
Our European headquarters, IRC-UK, were established in London in 1997 to support the organisation’s global activities and particularly to diversify its donor base and be able to better advocate with European policy-makers on behalf of the people we serve. Since its establishment IRC-UK has grown rapidly and is now acknowledged for its high quality project management, technical expertise in governance and rights and economic recovery, and innovative thinking on early recovery and gender based violence. The IRC also has offices in Berlin, Bonn, Brussels and Geneva.
IRC-UK comprises approximately 120 staff across five departments.
Purpose of the Role
As Workspace Assistant / Receptionist you are the first point of contact for visitors and for day-to-day facilities queries from employees. There will be a requirement for administrative assistance to both the Head of Workspace and Senior Director of Finance and Operations, Europe.
Scope and Authority
Responsibility for Resources:
- Responsible for stationery and other office supplies
- Arranging service / maintenance both reactive and proactive.
Key Working Relationships
- First point of contact for staff and visitors
- Day to day contact with external suppliers
Reception and communications (20%) - This role is based at reception
- Expertly welcome visitors and answer switchboard calls between 9:00 and 17:00. Informing the relevant employees of arrival, transferring calls or providing information.
- Organise reception cover for lunch times and any other periods of absence.
- Keep the reception clear of deliveries, stationery cupboards well stocked and organised.
- Input visitor details onto the building online portal in advance or to notify building security by email / phone directly in the event of short notice.
- Inform the loading bay employees of expected deliveries and collect our deliveries from the loading bay in a timely manager every single day.
- Report telephone equipment and technical faults to our provider or IT Officer – Europe.
- Efficiently receive all post and couriers for our office ensuring the reception is kept clear of any larger items.
- Arrange couriers and send post as required, maintain good levels of stock required for our usage and support employees with general questions or requests about courier or post.
- Arrange access fobs to visitors including taking a deposit and arrange employees including taking the fee for lost fobs. Resolve and report issues with the access to the office.
Office administration (20%)
- Update all reception logs and records with changes on Box.
- Conduct weekly inspections of the office space to ensure that it is tidy, all equipment is working and the stationery baskets are well stocked. Take relevant steps to resolve any issues discovered and work with colleagues as required.
- Ensure that the kitchen is well stocked, including the coffee machine and it is cleaned each morning and afternoon. Dishwashers to be put on and milk orders adjusted as needed.
- Weekly checks of all the kitchen equipment to ensure it is working and that there is sufficient cutlery / crockery. Ordering additional supplies and resolving any issues as authorised by the Head of Workspace.
- Maintain the kitchen filtered tap and change the filter as necessary
- Ensure the ladies toilets are stocked with sanitary products and order more when necessary.
- Order business cards, couriers and taxis for employees. Supplying Finance the approval and cost codes to be charged when the invoice arrives.
- Email the maintenance team for temperature changes or faults in the building common areas.
Workspace Team (15%)
- Being the first point of contact for new employees for workspace matters; arranging their welcome to the offices, crafting their welcome pack with their access fob, ID card and locker key.
- Collecting all IRC property when an employee leaves and making sure all their access / data is removed as per our procedures.
- Co-ordinate our health & safety (H&S) online training on DSE assessments, Fire Awareness and GDPR essentials; adding new starters, sending reminders to complete the training and removing employees who have left.
- Order laptop backpacks, covers and IT supplies as approved by the Head of Workspace.
- Maintain the supply of mobile phones; ensuring they are wiped when returned, in good working order and have all the accessories including a protective cover. The mobile number log should be kept up-to-date along with the billing codes.
- Provide administrative and general support to the Head of Workspace for the smooth running of operations.
- Deal with off-site storage and archiving collections and additions. Keeping the log of cost codes these are charged to and assisting with reviewing inventory lists.
Travel bookings and insurance (25%)
- Book hotels and taxis for IRC employees visiting from other offices.
- Deal with travel reports and send to relevant internal and external parties as appropriate.
- Book travel and accommodation for members of the Finance and Operations department.
- Send new travel bookers all relevant documents and updating records of current travel bookers with our travel provider
General and Administrative Support (20%)
- Provide logistical support to meetings, to include preparation of meeting rooms, support with using the equipment and assist in arrangements for catering provisions.
- To assist employees find a meeting space, especially when rooms are busy including actively coordinating with colleagues and suggesting options
- Provide diary management and any adhoc administrative tasks for the Senior Director of Finance and Operations, Europe.
- Provide administrative support for the Audit and Governance Committee meetings, including minute taking, arranging catering, setting up meeting room and distributing the relevant paperwork for each meeting.
- Complete expense forms for the Head of Workspace and the Senior Director of Finance and Operations, Europe coordinating approvals as directed
- Complete the monthly credit card expenses for the Head of Workspace and Senior Director of Finance and Operations, Europe.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Confident user of basic / intermediate Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Familiarity with the use of office equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A professional and welcoming manner on the telephone, in person and in writing
- Able to easily establish rapport and excellent customer focus
- Use own initiative and take responsibility for planning and prioritizing to ensure completion of tasks
- Ability to tackle problem and see issues through from start to end
- Proven record of being proactive and considerate teammate
- Ability to work to a high standard and handle multiple demands in a busy work environment
- Dedication to IRC’s values
- Proven experience of working within customer service
- Experience of reception or administrative duties
- Experience of dealing with external vendors and service providers
- Interest in international development
- Fire marshal and first aid qualifications
- Basic understanding of health and safety requirements
The deadline for applications is 25th September 2019.
Interviews will take place on 7th & 8th October 2019.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
IRC-UK is committed to equality of opportunity and non discrimination for all applicants and employees. IRC-UK seeks to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious belief, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. IRC-UK welcomes applications from all candidates, including refugees who have the right to work in the UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
This is a superb opportunity for an experienced Marketing professional to help deliver the organisations marketing plans, advertising, brand presence at events and supporting national, regional and special interest groups.
This is particularly interesting as you will get the opportunity to work with their partners/external parties; advising and guiding them on their marketing; as well as gaining valuable experience of working with new agencies.
We are looking for a creative candidate with solid marketing experience including
graphic design. This doesn't need to be extensive design experience but able to edit/ create assets for social media and flyers etc. The organisation uses a Mac, so Adobe suite would be great.
This role does have the potential to go permanent but htis is a possibility at this stage and you would need to apply, if this comes to fruition.
Please apply for more info on this fantastic opportunity.
Location: Central London
Commencing: October 2019
Line manager: Senior HR & Recruitment Officer (Indirect reporting line to SDFR)
Term & LOE: Full-time; 100%
Salary range: Band A3 - £25,010 plus benefits
Internews is an international non-profit organisation whose mission is to empower local media worldwide to give people the news and information they need, the ability to connect and the means to make their voices heard.
Internews provides communities the resources to produce local news and information with integrity and independence. With global expertise and reach, Internews trains both media professionals and citizen journalists, introduces innovative media solutions, increases coverage of vital issues and helps establish policies needed for open access to information.
Internews programmes create platforms for dialogue and enable informed debate, which bring about social and economic progress. Internews’ commitment to research and evaluation creates effective and sustainable programs, even in the most challenging environments.
Internews operates internationally, with administrative centres in California, Washington DC, and London, as well as regional hubs in Bangkok and Nairobi. Formed in 1982, Internews has worked in more than 90 countries, and currently has offices in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and North America.
About the role
The HR Administrative Assistant will be based in our London office, sharing time between general HR administrative and general office support duties. The role will support the HR function on general HR administration tasks in addition to overseeing general office management duties.
Roles and Responsibilities
Human Resources (40%):
- Day to day HR administration duties
- Monitoring shared HR inbox
- Maintain various human resources records and documentation
- Support recruitment operations
- Assist in the general new employee induction and on-boarding processes.
- Updating and maintaining staff and contractor records
- Ensuring data is stored in line with principles of GDPR
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Office Administration (40%):
- General day to day office management
- Assisting the IT Support team to facilitate main organizational projects.
- Office inventory management
- Any other duties of an administrative nature
- Other duties to include Board of Trustees meeting preparations
- Ad-hoc support to CEO
- Ad-hoc support to SMT
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in Human Resources or a closely related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of basic principles of GDPR
- Methodical, accurate and organized with a keen eye for detail
- Proven ability to successfully communicate and mediate with both management and staff
- Good understanding of Microsoft Windows including MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to successfully operate in multi-cultural environments
- Experience of using Microsoft Applications
- Experience of using Human Resources Information Systems
- Experience of working in an International NGO
- Proficiency in additional language would be advantageous
- Closing date for applications: 24 September 2019
Candidates must submit a succinct covering letter of no more than 2-pages explaining how they satisfy the requirements of the person speciation in addition to a CV highlighting relevant experience. The successful candidate will also be asked to provide three professional referees, one of whom must be from their most recent employer.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, all the tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the job holder a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
This position will be located in the United Kingdom and therefore a successful applicant must obtain the Right to Work in the UK in order to commence their employment
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Main purpose of job:
To assist the Welfare Team in supporting and advising the Society’s beneficiaries throughout the UK. This involves checking applications and entering the details into the beneficiary database, fielding calls from beneficiaries, liaising with partner organisations and preparing the necessary paperwork for the Welfare Team and Case Committee.
Duties and responsibilities include;
- To be the first point of contact for beneficiaries seeking support for mental health support via Anxiety UK.
- To be the main contact for beneficiary related communication with our partner organisation Anxiety UK.
- Processing correspondence and filing using the document management system
- Assisting with accurate and prompt payments to beneficiaries and partners, liaising with the welfare team and the Finance Officer
- Maintaining the database of beneficiary records to ensure all details are up to date and accurate including decisions made by staff and committee
- Producing routine reports and statistics
- Assisting Welfare Officers with the purchase of one off gifts for beneficiaries once budget has been agreed.
- Handling all administration for Case Committee meetings; preparing papers and inputting decision on to database.
- Processing annual loan statements to beneficiaries and their responses
- Recording equalities data for beneficiaries.
- Sourcing case studies for marketing purposes
- Working with the fundraising team to ensure that welfare information is accurate and up to date on a range of publicity materials, including the Society’s website
Knowledge and experience required
- Experience of dealing with those in need (for reasons of health, financial etc.) and who are in distress.
- Experience of grant-making or similar (CRM) databases
- Knowledge and experience of liaising with other support agencies.
- Accuracy in maintenance of all records and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to deal with information in a confidential manner and respond with sensitivity
- Flexible approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with a diverse range of people, including people in distress
- Planning and organising - prioritising and allocating time and resources effectively.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.