Scouting is one of the largest mixed youth organisation in the UK. With over 600,000 young people recorded on the 2017 Census and over 150,000 Adult vounteers. But without it's army of volunteers who give up such valuable time none of it would be able to happen.
There are other background positions that need to filled and one of them is to have an effective group executive.Within a group executive one of the positions that we need to fill is that of the chairperson! Up to X4 meetings a year and any other time spent for projects or visits to the group. Training is provided for executive positions.
Communication and teamwork skills are a must as you will be working closely, not only with the executive, but the group scout leader (line manager) to make sure that the group runs smoothly.
PLEASE make sure you are within reasonable distance to where the role is based!
As the Chair Person:
- Work closely with the Group Scout Leader in encouraging the development of Scouting in the group and as part of the community.
- Objectively and impartially chairing and facilitating Executive Committee meetings.
- Along with/or the GSL to maintain effective communication with the district chair person.
- Working closely with the GSL / relevant Commissioner to ensure there are long term and short term goals and the role the Executive Committee can play in helping to achieve these.
- Addressing and resolving conflicts that arise.
- To be a full and active participant in Executive Committee meetings and activities.
- To uphold the responsibilities of an Executive Committee as outlined in The Scout Association’s Policy Organisation and Rules.
- The description above aims to give you a snap shot of what is required of a group chairman.
- Sometimes the role description will vary depending on what type of work the group needs to do or has done so already.
If this sounds like the sort of thing that you would like to to undertake then please do not hesitate to get in contact.
LETS SEE WHAT VOLUNTEERING FOR SCOUTING CAN DO FOR YOU IN 2019!!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.