This role outline provides a summary of a current volunteer opportunity with the Abbeyfield (Gerrards Cross) Society. Our approach to volunteering is flexible and we are keen to involve volunteers at all levels.
Abbeyfield (Gerrards Cross) Society provides 13 self-contained rooms with
en-suite facilities for older people needing support and companionship. The Abbeyfield encourages choice and independence for its residents.
Paid staff are 6 in number: House Manager, Cook/Housekeeper, 2 Kitchen Assistants, Bookkeeper and an Administrator. We provide two home cooked meals daily. Residents are supplied with items for making their own breakfast.
The Wyke is well-maintained, warm and welcoming. Facilities are appropriate for older persons and include a large communal lounge
We are part of the nationwide Abbeyfield organisation, adhering to their standards, but as a separate society (constituted as both a charity and a company), we are independently run and managed by a Committee of Trustee volunteers.
Reporting to the Chairman.
To be a member of and work on behalf of the Executive Committee to ensure that the committee is properly informed about the society’s finances.
The Treasurer ensures that the finances are healthy and well managed.
- Receives invoices and payment requests from Bookkeeper, authorises payments via internet banking.
- Oversees Bookkeeper to ensure all entries are correctly posted.
- Draws up monthly management accounts for monthly Trustee meetings.
- Be part of the Executive Committee of 8 Trustees and attend monthly committee meetings (7pm, 2-3 hours).
- Prepares and monitors annual budget, tracking ongoing expenditure against budget
- Prepares pack of background information and paperwork for the annual Independent Examination by our accountants and responds to their queries – Our financial year end is 31st March
To view the full JD, please click on the attached document.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.