The Collaborative Learning Trust
Non-executive director/ Trustee role
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Leeds? The Collaborative Learning Trust seeks up to four new non-executives/directors to join its board.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Collaborative Learning Trust comprises three schools – one secondary, two primary – and seeks to grow. The trust grew out of a close relationship with Prince Henry’s Grammar School and Bramhope Primary School which had worked particularly closely for a while and they formed the initial multi-academy trust. St Mary’s CoE Primary School, Hunslet joined the trust earlier this year and is now working even more closely with trust team to accelerate improvements.
Across its three schools, The Collaborative Learning Trust caters for 2,215 pupils with the full range and abilities from nursery through to post 16. It has almost 300 employees and a budget of approximately £11.4 million.
The board seeks business leaders with expertise in any of the below fields:
· CEO/general management
· growth management
· change management
· corporate/charity governance
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- COVID-19 response and the safe re-opening of schools to allow all students to catch up and get back on track with their learning and achievement.
- Further support the one Special Measures school to secure a Good Ofsted judgement at its next inspection.
- Secure further growth of the trust in line with the trust's vision.
- Managing the finances of the trust to ensure the operation of all schools is sustainable.
Long term plans are focused on growing the trust. Potentially reaching nine by January 2022, ideally with six primaries and three secondary schools.
The trust meets as a full board once each half-term (i.e. SIX meetings per year). Board meetings are generally held on Monday evenings between 7 and 9 pm.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our ambassador network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role. All roles are pro bono.