Considering a career in nutrition or public health? This is a fantastic opportunity to gain high quality, CV boosting, work experience in an internationally recognised charity.
For almost 40 years, across nearly 50 countries, we have led the global fight against hunger. We save the lives of children and their families. We are there for them before and after disaster strikes. We enable people to provide for themselves, see their children grow up strong, and build prosperous communities.
Today, Action Against Hunger is an important referent in nutrition information systems, support in emergencies and development contexts, and in 2019, Action Against Hunger reached over 17 million people.
In the UK, we have grown well over the last 20 years, increasing our income and staff numbers accordingly. We are now placed to continue this growth and meet our ambitions for 2021 and beyond.
The Nutrition Department Volunteer will support the positioning of Action Against Hunger as a key reference on Nutrition technical services including Nutrition in Emergencies, Link NCA and coverage surveys learning.
Areas of responsibility include (but not limited to):
- Support the creation of an Action Against Hunger Nutrition and Health Capacity statement (for the whole network) to help demonstrate our experience for grant applications and partnership
- Help review cross-sectional studies for Link NCAs (mapping of associations for nutrition outcomes)
- Support in the design of knowledge management products
- Participate in the daily tasks of the wider Nutrition team
Key competencies required:
- Typically educated to/equal to Master’s Degree level in nutrition, public health or other related field.
- Ability to write clearly and succinctly, for a range of audiences, from lengthy formal submissions to short articles for social media or blogs
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Computer literate – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Web
- Excellent organisational skills
- Research skills
Other desirable qualities:
- Knowledge and/or experience in evaluation and assessment of community-based nutrition programmes
- Understanding of written French and ability to work in French
- Experience in delivering trainings
- Experience in data management
- Well versed in the use of Stata or R
What we offer:
- An opportunity to make a valuable contribution to the work of Action Against Hunger and gain exposure to an internationally recognised charity
- Experience of working within a professional environment
- Career mentoring throughout the duration of the volunteer placement and the opportunity to develop tangible skills for use in future employment
- Reimbursement of reasonable travel costs within TfL zones 1 – 6 (where necessary)
- Reimbursement of lunch expenses up to £5 per day
Please read the following carefully before making your application:
- We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community
- You can only be considered for this role if you possess the essential key competency requirements set out above. You should use the "cover letter" section of the online application to demonstrate this.
- Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, within one week of the closing date. Unfortunately we cannot provide individual feedback.
- If you experience any technical difficulties in submitting your application, please contact the charityjob helpdesk
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.