Action Duchenne’s life-changing work reaches across the entire UK and beyond. We are looking for Events volunteers to help support our event participants. Could you spare some time to make a significant difference in helping to achieve a world where lives are no longer limited by Duchenne muscular dystrophy?
Why we need you?
We have people taking part in events to raise money for us countrywide, your role is to help our fundraising team support events taking place in your local area.
What will I be doing as an Events Volunteer?
- Helping to promote and recruit for events in your local area
- Supporting event participants in the run up to and on the day of events
- Using local knowledge to ensure important information is communicated to participants (best places to park, food options etc.)
- Working with other volunteers and supporters to form cheer points at key events.
- Helping to identify fundraising opportunities and events in your area
- Co-ordinating with our Events Officer and providing feedback from events
Skills you will need for this role
- Good time management
- Enjoy networking and meeting new people
- Attention to detail
- Good communication
- Enthusiastic about championing Action Duchenne in your local area and beyond
Where is this role based?
Home based with travel within local town/region as required
How much time do I need to commit to this volunteer role?
The role is flexible so you can fit volunteering around work or other commitments. We recommend allowing at least 1 day per month or the equivalent of 2 hours per week.
What support will I receive?
As an Events Volunteer the Action Duchenne Events Officer will give you full training, send your materials and support you in your role.
What is in it for me?
- Become part of the Action Duchenne family, feel amazing and make new friends.
- Volunteering roles enhance your CV.
- Raise vital funds to help give families longer with their children and young people with Duchenne.
- Making a significant impact, every full collection tin can power an hour of research into a cure for Duchenne.
- Complete our online form below to express your interest
- We will contact all applicants via telephone to discuss the role and your suitability.
- You will be invited to meet with the Events Officer either face-to-face or via Skype/Messenger.
Thank you for taking the time to consider becoming a volunteer for Action Duchenne.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.