Why does AFRIL need your time and skills?
Action for Refugees in Lewisham works to relieve poverty and isolation amongst refugees, asylum seekers and other ethnic minorities in Lewisham. Our commitment is to ensure we reach the most vulnerable people in our community and help them access the support they are entitled to. As a small charity, a modest sum of money raised can enable our projects to take place. As such, the role of volunteer fundraiser is essential.
Flexible, but with a preference for week-days (Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays).
Minimum six months
The duties will include:
- To update and maintain a detailed grants tracker.
- To research new and already identified grant funders, get in touch with them, and develop a plan for applications.
- To draft grant applications.
- To prepare reports and communications for existing grantors as required.
- Supporting the fundraising team in any other ways as required.
- Excellent writing skills in fluent English.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Good research skills and ability to work with considerable initiative.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate well with people from all walks of life.
- An interest in supporting refugees and contributing to the work of AFRIL.
What will you gain?
As a volunteer, you will:
- Gain experience and insight into the world of charity fundraising.
- Develop skills and strategies needed in organising and administering grants.
- Acquire experience working within a community charity.
- Access training opportunities available to AFRIL volunteers.
Travel expenses will be reimbursed, up to £3 per day.
How to apply:
In the first instance, please complete an form. Please note, CVs are not accepted.