Provide support on a regular basis to someone who is deaf or has hearing loss, offering friendship and support at one of our registered care homes. We welcome applicants who are native BSL users, trained in BSL, or studying towards the qualification.
From Monday – Sunday. Flexible hours.
Ideally, we are looking for someone to commit a minimum of four hours a week. Exact shift times to be discussed and agreed at interview.
What will you be doing?
As a side by Side Befriender, you’ll perform some or all of the following tasks:
• Spend time on a regular basis with someone who is deaf or has hearing loss, providing friendship and support
• Support them during day to day activities, such as using public transport, visiting local facilities, leisure centres, deaf clubs, etc. This may be in 1:1 settings or through group activities.
• Support them to integrate with other people and participate in social settings
• Goal setting with the person you befriend for the year ahead
• Follow Action on Hearing policies and regulations
Why do we need you?
Our Care and Support services support people who are Deaf and have additional complex needs and abilities. Our wide range of services include registered care homes, outreach services and even our Deaf club in London! Volunteers are a vital part of the team, helping the people we support to achieve their hopes, dreams and aspirations.
What skills do you need?
Here’s what we think could be beneficial:
• Awareness and knowledge of diversity and human rights
• Awareness of issues affecting people confronting deafness, tinnitus and hearing loss, and people who have learning difficulties and/or mental health support needs
• Committed to the wellbeing of others, especially the older community
• Friendly and positive attitude
• Empathetic and active listener
• Open-minded and non-judgemental
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Reliable, trustworthy and honest
• Level 2 British Sign Language skills would be beneficial, but is not essential
What support will you get?
We value your time and commitment and want to make sure you are enjoying volunteering with us.
In a recent survey 90% of our volunteers would recommend Action on Hearing Loss as a good place to volunteer
Regular support will be given by your own Volunteer Manager especially in the early stages of your role as you settle in. You will also receive informal support from other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers and staff as you work together.
Here’s what our volunteers say!
“I enjoy meeting people and helping them with their queries. Hearing loss can cause frustration and isolation, leading to loss of confidence. If I’m able to improve someone’s quality of life by sharing information or raising awareness of how others can help, then that’s very satisfying.” RB
What training is offered?
Action on Hearing Loss offers full, on-going training for all volunteers including an induction programme and further training specific to the volunteering role. This may include:
• Training in Understanding Hearing Loss
• Volunteers also have the opportunity to attend other training relevant to their role
What will you gain?
Our volunteers receive the following benefits:
• Training – learning new skills, and gaining up-to-date knowledge of issues affecting people confronting deafness, tinnitus and hearing loss
• Experience – meeting new people in different situations, building new friendships with other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers
• Fulfilment– knowing that the time you provide will make a real difference to the people we support, and raising deaf awareness throughout society as a whole
• Opportunity to try other volunteering roles locally with Action on Hearing if available
All reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed, according to the Action on Hearing Loss Travel and Subsistence Policy.
You may be required to complete a DBS check (previously CRB), as your work will include working with vulnerable adults.
Thanks for taking the time to read these details. Ready to apply for this role?
**Please click on the "Apply on website" button to complete our online application form**
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.