You will be running resource sessions and raising awareness as part of a local befriending project.
Various locations across the Island at drop-in clinics
This depends entirely on each individual volunteer and the time they are able to give.
What will you be doing?
As a Technology Demonstrator you will provide information and product demonstrations for visitors who are deaf, hard of hearing or who have tinnitus. You will;
- Become familiar with the range of Action on Hearing Loss equipment, products and information resources
- Promote the use of assistive technologies such as, speech to text apps and next generation text service.
- To support clients in using tablets
- To be able to use databases on provided tablets to register clients and enter interventions
- To follow Action on Hearing policies and regulations
Why do we need you?
Across the UK, 11 million people are affected by hearing loss including someone in your family, friends, your partner, or someone at work. As the population ages, more of us will be affected. By 2035, one fifth of us will be living with the condition.
What skills do you need?
Here are some of the skills we think could be beneficial:
- Confidence in learning about technology to demonstrate products to visitors (full training will be provided)
- Willingness to learn about, or existing knowledge of, issues affecting deaf and hard of hearing people, particularly older people
- A genuine interest in working for charities
- Excellent organiser, and able to adapt to changing environments
- Friendly, reliable and approachable manner
- Ability to listen to questions and to answer appropriately
- Happy to work with a wide range of people especially older people
- BSL is not required for this role, but is a welcome skill
What support will you get?
We value your time and commitment and want to make sure you are enjoying volunteering with us. In a recent survey, 92% of our volunteers would recommend Action on Hearing Loss as a good place to volunteer.
Regular support will be given by your own Volunteer Manager especially in the early stages of your role as you settle in. You will also receive informal support from other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers and staff as you work together.
“I enjoy meeting people and helping them with their queries. Hearing loss can cause frustration and isolation, leading to loss of confidence. If I’m able to improve someone’s quality of life by sharing information or raising awareness of how others can help, then that’s very satisfying.”
What training is offered?
Action on Hearing Loss offers full, on-going training for all volunteers including an induction programme and further training specific to the volunteering role.
We offer full on-going training for all volunteers, for this role the following training sessions are compulsory.
- A one hour induction of relevant policies and procedures
- A one day induction to Action on Hearing Loss
- A two hour session on Visual Impairment
- A session on databases and tablet use
What will you gain?
Our volunteers receive the following benefits:
- Experience – meeting new people in different situations, building new friendships with other Action on Hearing Loss volunteers
- Fulfilment – knowing that the time you provide will make a real difference to the people we support, and raising deaf awareness throughout society as a whole
- Expenses – all reasonable expenses incurred as a result of your volunteering will be reimbursed according to the Action on Hearing Loss expenses policy
- Opportunity - to try other volunteering roles locally with Action on Hearing if available
- Full training – we offer full ongoing training for all our volunteers. This includes a one-day induction programme, training in understanding hearing loss, and a further half day training specific to your volunteering role
You may need to be able to travel locally, whether by car or public transport.
You will be required to complete a DBS check (previously CRB), as some of your role includes giving guidance to vulnerable adults and having access to payment details to purchase products online on behalf of the client.
Thanks for taking the time to read these details. Ready to apply for this role? Excellent!
Click on the 'Apply on Website' button to complete our online application form.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.