ADANNA WOMENS SUPPORT GROUP
PART TIME ADMINISTRATOR – 6 HOURS PER WEEK (MIN)
Adanna Women’s Support Group (AWSG) is a community self help group with the aim of alleviating poverty amongst women living in East London Boroughs of Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham, Newham and Walthamstow. This is done by providing personal development support and encouragement for the women to overcome barriers which exist in the areas of employment, self employment, education and self confidence.
Reporting to: The Chair of Adanna Women’s Support Group
- Carry out PA duties for the chair to manage the organisation’s diary and speaking engagements of the chair.
- organise/coordinate and promote meeting dates and events and book speakers etc
- maintain and build the database of members and friends
- take minutes at monthly meetings held in the evening or day time
- type documents on word or excel as required
- research issues facing women in Redbridge and East London to provide input into fundraising applications
- update the AWSG website and social media
- source avenues for AWSG to contribute to discussions on women’s issues and raise its profile
- record and track progress of members using the AWSG personal goals tracking sheet
- other tasks as required by the chair or the committee executive
- commitment to a minimum 6 hours per week
- knowledge of the use of the internet, MS Office, emails, social media etc
- good organisation skills and time management
- good written and verbal communication
- flexible working – able to do one evening per month to take minutes at the monthly meeting.
- interested in personal development
Pay and conditions
This is a voluntary position so there is no salary but travel expenses will be paid. A commitment of at least 6 hours per week for 3-6 months is expected.
If interested please email your CV
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.