JOB TITLE: Caseworker (Arabic)
Paiwand is a Community Organisation working with vulnerable refugee, migrant and asylum seeking community to help them integrate in society, uplift and empower by providing support and guidance thus enhancing their life chances and choices.
We stand in solidarity and in friendship alongside all refugees, asylum seekers and migrants.
We uphold the following values: holistic and integrated support, person-centred, equal rights for all, empowering and building on the individual’s strengths, passionate and committed. We do so through various projects and services.
We are recruiting a volunteer for Community Advocate Volunteer to support Community Advocacy Project. The Community Advocacy Project works with refugees, asylum seekers and migrants across London to provide advocacy support on issues of Housing, Welfare Benefits, Legal advocacy, Health etc. In addition to advocacy, the project aims to raise awareness among the refugee community about their rights and entitlements in the UK. The overall objective of the project is to empower vulnerable members of the community and reduce destitution.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Conducting initial assessments, provide high quality advocacy service, which meets quality standards and prioritising needs of clients accordingly
- Manage a caseload in a flexible and holistic way, responding to each individuals needs and circumstances on a one to one basis through advocacy
- Signpost clients to appropriate services/organisations & follow up to ensure support is being received
- Support people to access their statutory rights and entitlements
- Liaise with local authorities on need basis
- Maintain efficient up to date records and data base
- Able to critically analyse client’s needs and prioritise to get the best results in the shortest possible time
- Utmost sensitivity and discretion, understand and maintain confidentiality
- Organised, essential problem solving skills, good time management and able to work under pressure
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the migrant and refugee crisis, sensitivity and empathy towards the community
- A basic understanding of UK’s welfare framework, benefits and public funds, immigration procedure etc. is desirable
- A team player with ability to work independently, dependable and a friendly person as this is a people facing job
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Fluency in Arabic language is a must for this job role.
We ideally would ask the volunteer to commit to 2 days a week. The working hours are flexible and can be planned with the Advocacy Service Manager. If selected, a DBS check will be required. Volunteer will be based in our Edgware office (North London- HA8 7EE). Food and travel expenses will be reimbursed.
Interested candidates should forward their CV and a short cover letter (maximum 300) to the email provided with a subject stating the Job role i.e. “Caseoworker (Arabic)”