African Development Choices (ADC) is a non-profit organisation on a mission to improve the well-being of children and communities in Africa. Google us and visit our website to find out more about us.
Join us and become part of a team that is changing lives in Africa.
Below are the responsibilities and requirements of a Fundraising Volunteer.
- Research and identify new fundraising opportunities
- Build relationships with high profile and high net worth individuals, including celebrities, as potential donors to ADC
- Write grant applications to charitable trusts, foundations and other institutional funders and build relationships with them
- Plan and execute online and offline fundraising activies
- Create or update donor databases
- Build relationships with charitable trusts, foundations and other institutional funders
- Contact corporate representatives, government officials, universities/schools, or community leaders to increase awareness of ADC causes and activities
- Make presentations to major donors
- Liaise with social media team to promote, market, or advertise fundraising events
- Liaise with events organising team to define fundraising objectives for events
- Attend networking events, meetings, or conferences to solicit donations or sponsorships
- Manage and motivate a team of volunteers who engage in fundraising activities
- Write and send letters of thanks to donors
- Recruit more volunteers to join the fundraising team
- Be an ambassador for ADC and our work
- Experience contacting or reaching out to donors in an NGO setting (desirable)
- Background in sales or marketing or willingness to learn (desirable)
- Work with a target and be motivated to reach it
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Available to work at least 7 hours a week
We look forward to receiving your application.