Head of Civic Education (Remote)
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty
by empowering communities to make informed development choices in the management of public
finances and resources.
ADC’s purpose is to enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such
as clean water and safe sanitation and improve lives in Africa.
At ADC we encourage a working culture of seeking and giving input, showing and taking initiative, and
commitment to the organisation and its purpose.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a volunteer Head of Training & Education (Remote) to join ADC.
Main purpose of job: Manage the volunteers, partners and activities associated with the Civic Education component of ADC’s social impact program and ensure that the relevant needs of the program’s beneficiaries are met.
Division: Social Impact
Department: Training & Education
Position reports to: Chief Impact Officer
Who reports to this position (direct reports): TBC
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the training and civic education strategy aligned with organisation objectives
- Identify civic education needs and oversee development of courses to fulfill those needs
- Oversee the development and ongoing review of curricula for civic education programs
- Set civic education objectives and create procedures and budgets necessary for successfully implementing planned civic education programs
- Oversee relationships with local partners to deliver civic education programs
- Develop or oversee the production of civic education materials, aids and manuals
- Evaluate the results of civic education programs and ensure continuous improvement
- Recruit additional volunteers for the Civic Education team when needed
- Develop and implement the Trainer of Trainers model (ToT)
- At least 5 years of experience managing a civic education department
- Solid experience organizing trainings and designing civic educational curriculum
- In-depth understanding of traditional and modern training methods (including workshops and e-learning)
- Ability to establish networks across industry, NGOs, government and academia
- Track record of successfully designing and delivering impactful civic education programs
- Project management experience
- Ability to actively take initiative and help set things up in a start-up environment
- Ability to actively seek and give input in a collaborative team environment
- A committed team player with good communication skills
- Available to volunteer at least 7-10 hours a week
- Experience working in an early stage start-up and gone through a scaling phase
- Passion for the start-up life and comfortable in a role with a little ambiguity
What ADC Offers You
This is a volunteer, remote and unpaid position with the following benefits:
- Professional learning and career development opportunities
- An opportunity to build on your work experience within your profession
- An opportunity to be part of a diverse team representing different parts of the world that is helping to deliver systemic social change in Africa
- An opportunity to help shape a start-up social enterprise
- We provide work reference