Against Violence and Abuse (AVA)
Apply to become our Trustee
Are you passionate about ending gender-based violence and improving services and support for women and children?
We are looking for enthusiastic and committed people with an understanding of charity governance to join our Board of Trustees.
AVA champions the importance of embedding lived experience throughout our work, and would especially like to recruit women with lived experience of gender-based violence (including experience as a child). We are also committed to ensuring diversity within our governance roles and would encourage applications from younger women (18-25), Black and minoritised women, disabled women who all are currently under-represented on our board.
In addition to the above we are particularly interested in applicants who have the following experience or/and knowledge:
- Experience gained through your personal or work life that may be relevant to AVA’s work, including being a survivor, volunteer and/or your work.
- Experience of managing finances and budgets - especially in relation to charity finance
- Experience of being a senior manager/leader/CEO in the voluntary sector
- Knowledge and experience of income generation (including fundraising and social investment)
- Digital and data skills
- Experience in strategic communication and/or marketing
To apply to become an AVA Trustee please read the Information pack and return the Application form by 10am on Monday, 13th December 2021.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.