An excellent opportunity has arisen for caring and compassionate individuals who want to make a real difference within the field of adult social care.
The Role of the Volunteer Support Worker is ultimately to handle new client referrals to ACL, assess the needs of our clients and ultimately ‘match’ them with suitable Age Concern Luton services.
Tasks and Duties
- The Volunteer Support Worker will be responsible for visiting clients in their home to conduct a comprehensive assessment of needs.
- Talk with the client to gain insights about their current situation, identifying high priority clients (e.g. those with health issues and those who are socially isolated).
- Get to know the client, by talking with them to understand what services they may benefit from and what help they may need.
- Put forward your reccomendation of services to the Wellbeing Supervisor.
- Follow Age Concern Luton procedures to undertake a client risk assessment, determining potential risks involved to clients and/or volunteer/workers visiting the individual (i.e. hazards in the house & support network etc.)
- Report directly back to the Wellbeing Supervisor if you see any risk/hazards/dangers, so that these can be dealt with immediately.
- This is a voluntary position, however, due to the nature of the role please only apply if you are able to commit to 1 visit per week (or 4 per month). Each visit should last no longer than 1 hour (usually 30mins) and are flexible so they can be arranged around your availability.
- You must always uphold our strict confidentiality policies and make steps to ensure confidentiality is maintained.
- Because you will be working with vulnerable adults, all successful applicants must complete a DBS check (paid for by Age Concern Luton) and undergo professional boundaries skills and safeguarding training. Ongoing training and guidance will be provided.
Our ideal Volunteer Support Worker will have a caring nature, strong communication skills, ability to work as part of a team and individually and be passionate about improving the lives of older adults.
The position of Voluntary Support Worker at Age Concern Luton, is ideal for people looking to start their career as a social worker or in social care, or applicants applying for social care courses or nursing qualifications. This position is also ideally suited for people with, or seeking to develop, assessment skills, doctoral training or aspiring psychologists. We also welcome applications from people who already have a background in care and are looking to donate their time to a charity.
Being a voluntary position, the hours are completely flexible so you can work times and dates that suit you. Where applicable, out of pocket expenses will also be reimbursed (e.g. petrol). By joining Age Concern Luton, you will be part of a wonderful community of people and will meet a range of people from office workers, to other volunteers and older adults who work and live in the community. At Age Concern Luton, we value our Volunteers and are committed to making the best experience for you. We listen to your needs and can offer additional training and guidance where needed. We acknowledge how much your contribution helps the quality of life for older adults and host various volunteer-focused events such as the “Volunteer Tea Party” which is hosted by Age Concern Luton once a year as a thank you to all the Volunteers for their hard and valued work.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of people and would like further information on this role or any of our other roles, please contact Effie Assan.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.