About Age Cymru West Glamorgan
Age Cymru West Glamorgan is a local charity promoting wellbeing, helping people to age well and live independently.
To act as a member of the Board of Trustees which takes overall responsibility for the strategic direction for the organisation and achieve its mission of promoting wellbeing, helping people age well and live independently.
Hours: Board meetings every quarter, and membership of one sub-committee also meeting every quarter.
Reporting to: Chair of Trustees
What will I do?
- Think strategically and creatively to help the Charity achieve its mission.
- Make sound, independent judgments on key decision facing the charity.
- Ask diligent question and be able to challenge difficult issues
- Understand your duties and responsibilities as a Charity Trustee.
What will I gain?
- The knowledge that you are helping to shape the vital work of the Charity.
What skills do I need?
- Be empathetic and understanding of the issues that affect older people.
- Can communicate effectively.
- Are non-judgemental.
- Are reliable and dependable.
- Are willing to undertake training as necessary.
- Are friendly and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Have professional experience in areas such as business, law, marketing, accountancy etc.
Previous board/trustee experience is not necessary. We actively welcome members of the BAME and LGBTQ+ communities and those under 40 years of age.
Please note this is a voluntary position. Age Cymru West Glamorgan will reimburse volunteer for out of pocket travel costs including public transport costs.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.