Help us reduce isolation. Get Togethers are weekly 1.5 / 2 hour sessions to encourage local people over 50 to ‘get together’, meet new people, have a coffee and a chat in unique locations (including a barge, theatres & secret gardens) and hear about activities offered in the area. Our Hosts need to be excellent communicators, love being with people and be able to confidently promote activities in Islington. You could also be an office-based caller, calling clients about upcoming activities, and helping to get them out and about!
What we are looking for:
We are looking for volunteers who:
- Love being with people
- Enthusiastic and good communicator
- Able to communicate well with people from all backgrounds
- Comfortable talking to people on the phone
- Reliability, punctuality and empathy
- Understanding of, and compliance with Age UK Islington key policies e.g. Safeguarding, Data Protection.
We will ask you to:
- Complete an application form (incl. 2 referees)
- Have a short telephone conversation about what you’d like to achieve through volunteering
- Have an informal interview
- Attend a general induction session
- We’ll organise an Enhanced DBS check.
Ideally we are looking for someone who can make an ongoing commitment. We'll ask around 2 hours a week (Mon - Fri, 10am – 4pm).
- We will pay all reasonable travel expenses
- If you volunteer for half a day (3.5 hours or more) we will pay subsistence/lunch expenses.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.