Based at our Drovers Activity Centre, you’ll provide 1:1 IT tutorials to older adult learners. You will need to be confident teaching how to send emails, Facebook, Skype calls, using device settings. You may also be asked how to use iPad & tablets, smartphones, laptops, etc. and will need to be an excellent communicator, love being with people and have a clear, patient manner.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for volunteers with:
- Good knowledge of using IT devices – tablets, smartphones, computers
- Love being with people
- Enthusiastic and good communicator
- Able to communicate well with people from all backgrounds
- Reliability, punctuality and empathy
- Understanding of, and compliance with Age UK Islington key policies e.g. Safeguarding, Data Protection.
We will ask you to:
- Complete an application form (incl. 2 referees)
- Have a short telephone conversation about what you’d like to achieve through volunteering
- Have an informal interview
- Attend a general induction session
- We’ll organise an Enhanced DBS check.
Ideally we are looking for someone who can make an ongoing commitment. We'll ask around 4 hours a week (Mon - Fri, 10am – 4pm).
- We will pay all reasonable travel expenses
- If you volunteer for half a day (3.5 hours or more) we will pay subsistence/lunch expenses.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.