Volunteer Stockroom Assistant/Relief Driver’s Mate
What is the purpose of this role?
Supporting staff to manage the stockroom at the shop in Sutton in Ashfield and the Ransom Wood storage unit. On an occasional basis, to help with collections and deliveries, and transfer of stock between our shops in Sutton in Ashfield and West Bridgford.
What impact does this role have?
This role helps the shop to run efficiently and effectively, to be able to sell products for Age UK Nottingham and Nottinghamshire, which in turn, can be used to allow Age UK Notts to continue to run effective services for older people.
What activities might you be involved in?
- Supporting staff to manage the stock room within the Sutton shop – keeping racking clean and tidy, organising space to maintain good health and safety systems.
- Accepting donations from supporters that visit the shop and encouraging those who are taxpayers to sign up to Gift Aid to increase the value of the donation when sold by 25%.
- Processing items at Ransom Wood storage unit when there is no room to deposit them straight into the shop.
- Travelling with the driver to pick up donated items (furniture, white goods, bric-a-brac, clothing, or a mix of all 4)
- Completing deliveries with the driver to customers’ homes
- Volunteering in line with the Charity’s policies and procedures and adhering to the Volunteer Code of Conduct
What are we looking for?
- The physical ability to lift and move furniture and other stock so applicants should be physically fit and be able to complete these tasks
- A willingness to complete a variety of tasks both in the shop and at the Ransom Wood storage unit.
- An individual who gets on well with people to facilitate good customer service
- The ability to drive the van if needed (Luton van or equivalent) will be advantageous.
- Own transport to get to Ransom Wood storage unit (public transport is available but takes a long time
For insurance purposes, volunteer drivers are required to be over 21 and under 75
When would you be needed to volunteer?
We are looking for individuals who can volunteer either every Wednesday and/or Saturday between 9.30am and 4.30pm
What training will you be given?
You will be given all the training you need to enable you to carry out your role which will include a thorough induction.
What can you gain from this opportunity?
- The chance to make a difference to older people’s lives
- Ongoing support, ensuring your volunteering experience is a fulfilling and positive one
- A comprehensive training programme
- The opportunity to learn new skills
- Experience to add to your CV
- The opportunity to meet new people and make new friends
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses as defined in the Age UK Notts Volunteer Handbook
Please note a Basic DBS (Disclosure and Barring check) is required for this role which will be undertaken by the Charity at no cost to the volunteer, after being offered the role.
***Please note that we don’t offer sponsorship or accept overseas applicants***
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.