Would you like to be part of a local, independent charity that supports older people in Wandsworth?
We are looking for reception volunteers to support our first contact staff at our office in Old York Road, Wandsworth.You will play a key role in creating a great first impression, greeting our visitors, answering the telephone and dealing with enquiries. You’ll be part of a friendly and caring team who work together to ensure that older people can ‘Age Well’ in Wandsworth.
Reception shifts are either 10.00- 13.00 or 12.30 to 15.00 and the minimum commitment is once a week (although more days would be beneficial) for 6 months, including school holidays. Our office is open Monday to Thursday only.
- Meeting and greeting visitors to the office
- Answering telephone calls, transferring them or taking messages for staff
- Dealing with enquiries either using available information, passing to a staff member or logging for a staff member to deal with when available
- General maintenance of the reception area to ensure a welcoming environment for visitors and adequate literature on display
- Carrying out admin duties as needed by first contact team
Skills & attributes
- Confident and Friendly
- Good communication skills
- Excellent time-keeping
- Note-taking skills
- Patient and sensitive to the concerns of older people
- Understanding of the need for objectivity, impartiality and confidentiality
Knowledge, training & qualifications
- IT-literate desirable
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Benefits for our volunteers
- Free safeguarding training
- A friendly and supportive team
- Giving back to your local community
- Valuable work experience for your CV
Age UK Wandsworth is committed to safeguarding and all volunteers are required to undergo reference and DBS checks.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.