Fundraising Event Volunteer
Our Fundraising Event Volunteers will be instrumental in helping us raise
awareness and funding for our work at events, particularly during Pride season.
These events can include performances in pubs and clubs, special appearances
at theatres and galleries where the Volunteers’ responsibilities will include
interacting with patrons/customers/audience members and explaining how
their support can help the charity. Information leaflets and resources will also be
on hand for you to give out.
- Collecting donations at events using buckets, card readers or QR codes
- Talking about akt and our services to attendees
- Event set up and set down
- Selling tickets or staffing the door at an event
- Attending events to cheer on participants - i.e. people taking part in the Great Manchester Run
- An interest in helping akt raise awareness of our work and the young people we support
- Confidence talking to members of the public
- No previous fundraising experience is necessary but could be useful
- An understanding of the challenges faced by LGBTQ+ homeless young people
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.