About the opportunity
We’re recruiting volunteers to our brand new Event Volunteer role to help us at fantastic events across the UK, including this exciting new challenge event:
ARUK Explorer is a 26-mile hike and walk across the Peak District, with the inaugural event taking place on World Alzheimer’s Day. Three hundred walkers will take to the spectacular Peak District National Park and we are looking for Event Volunteers to help facilitate this fantastic occasion at the start/finish line, as marshals and other support roles along the route to ensure a great experience!
The start/finish is at Carsington Water (parking available), however your role may take place at any point along the course (with pick-up/drop-off provided). The event is outdoors and you’ll be on your feet for much of the day, so please wear appropriate clothing and footwear.
What will I do at this event?
Event Volunteers support us in a variety of ways depending upon the event. At ARUK Explorer you’ll be:
- Guiding walkers along the route; your passion for the outdoors, will help them stay motivated.
- Supporting activities on the start/finish line; your energy will make it an event to remember!
- Helping with arrival parking or support point marshalling to make this event a success.
You’ll be required for a half or full day between 6am and 6:30pm on Saturday 21 September 2019
- Plan your journey in advance.
- You’ll be outdoors and standing for the duration of your volunteering so wear comfortable, weather appropriate clothing and footwear.
Why get involved?
At this event you’ll specifically benefit from:
- A great new volunteering experience alongside people from your local community.
- A fresh insight into the charity sector and how sporting events are managed.
- Receiving an Alzheimer’s Research branded T-shirt!
- Your food and drink provided on the day.
- Having your travel expenses reimbursed within agreed guidelines.
Apply online to join us as a volunteer at the ARUK Explorer hike by registering as an Event Volunteer and select ‘ARUK Explorer’ from the drop-down menu.
Alternatively, if you any enquiries about the role please contact the volunteering team on 0300 111 5 333