Where, when and how often?
This role is for up to three days a week for a minimum of two months. Based in our Central London office in the City of London.
How does the role make a difference?
The Public Affairs and Campaigning Team have regular engagement events in parliament, at political party conferences, and with stakeholder organisations. By supporting the upcoming events of the busy Public Affairs and Campaigning Team, and lending general administrative support, you will ensure the voice of people with dementia is heard. You will be ensuring that Alzheimer’s Society is influencing and partnering with the individuals and organisations that can improve the lives of people with dementia.
What will I be doing?
You will be responsible for assisting the team with upcoming events in parliament, political party conferences and other events to support our campaigns. This will mean managing invitations, venue details, desk based research and general preparation. Some travel with in the agreed hours may be necessary and will naturally be expensed.
You will also assist in day to day administrative support for the Public Affairs and Campaigning team, which will involve correspondence, using our monitoring systems and databases.
Is this role for me?
The role may be ideal for you if you:
• Enthusiastic about public affairs and campaigns, have an interest in Politics, government and/or campaigning and looking for a development opportunity
• Have good written and verbal communication skills
• Comfortable with using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Are detailed orientated and enjoy researching and gathering information
• Have some experience and interest in events
• Are committed to the Society’s expectations around values and behaviours
What do I have to do before I can start?
We will meet with selected applicants do discuss the role further. We will take up two references. You will have an initial induction when you start.
How will I be supported during my volunteering?
You will be responsible to Samantha Nicklin, Head of Public Affairs and Campaigns. You will also receive support from the wider Public Affairs and Campaigning Team in the central London office.
• Relevant induction for the role including being made aware of the behavioural framework which is intrinsic to the Society
• Ongoing learning and development opportunities
• One to one and/or group based support
• Reimbursement of agreed out-of-pocket expenses in line with our expenses policy.
I’m keen to find out more – what should I do now?
Further details on who to contact if you would like find out more about the role and how to apply are detailed in the role description above. If you like to apply for the role please click the apply button. Closing date 3 July 2019.