Do you want to make a world of difference and help an overseas development charity build livelihoods and transform lives?
We are a small, dynamic charity, specialising in livelihoods and rights for some of the world’s most vulnerable people. Our work is currently focused in Sub-Saharan Africa. We have a small UK team of 5, based in Pershore, Worcestershire and we pride ourselves on keeping small and lean so that most of our funds go out to our overseas partners who can apply them where they are most needed.
We are looking for trustees who have the skills and expertise for the role indicated below, attending Trustees’ Meetings at least three times a year (either personally or via skype) and assisting with ad-hoc issues in-between times related to their skill area. We see these roles as a strategic lead, providing oversight and a sounding board to the relevant staff and Chief Executive.
We are looking for individuals with skills and expertise in a number of areas to join our team of Trustees. We are specifically looking for those with experience of
- Livelihoods Development
- HR & governance
We are also looking for individuals with local (Worcestershire) networks and commercial links.
Action on Poverty trustees have
- A passion for livelihood development in the global south
- Relevant skills in areas such as business, global development, fundraising, organisational development, marketing or HR
- An interest in and an understanding of the transformative change that Action on Poverty’s work brings about in the countries in which we work
- A questioning and inquisitive approach about the work of the charity, challenging the normal and setting ambitious goals for the organisation
- An ability to act as a critical friend to staff and to the Chief Executive in particular and identify both opportunities and threats to the charity
- A willingness to give up three or four afternoons a year for Board meetings which take place in Action on Poverty’s offices near Pershore, Worcestershire and provide advice and inputs in between meetings according to their skill area. Attendance by skype can be arranged.
Please visit our website for more information about what we do and how we do it and if you are interested please email for more information about the role of trustee or send your CV and covering letter explaining why you would like to get involved to Action on Poverty's Chief Executive Ms Alex Daniels.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.