Article 25 is an international humanitarian architecture charity based in London. We have worked on more than 90 projects in 34 different countries, using design to improve the lives of vulnerable people throughout the world. We are pleased to have our latest project focused on the local community. This is an exciting opportunity for a keen and energetic individual who is looking for valuable experience in event planning and community organization. You will be able to make a genuine contribution and take ownership of this project.
People in 10% of London homes suffer from fuel poverty. Many households have to choose between food and heating. The health impact of cold housing, especially for the elderly and children, include cardiovascular and respiratory disease, flu, falls and injuries, stress levels, hypothermia and mental health.
Warm & Healthy Homes are a series of workshops providing people of any age with information on the medical dangers of living in cold conditions, offering cost effective energy-saving measures and explaining how participants can access grants and schemes for home improvements.
We are seeking a Community Organizer to successfully plan and deliver Warm & Healthy Homes to selected boroughs in the London area. Responsibilities include:
- Event planning: select and hire the venue, schedule partner speakers, set up the event
- Liaise with expert speakers (a health provider, an engineer and a financial assistance expert)
- Host each workshop to make sure it runs smoothly
- Measure results in order to improve future workshops and provide feedback
- Prepare communications for social media, website and online newsletter
Skills & Knowledge
- Event planning or community organising experience is desired
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Energetic and Self-motivated
- Compassionate towards vulnerable communities
- Apply immediately for consideration
- Hours: part-time volunteer
- Start Date: immediate
- Location: A couple of hours per week in our Canary Wharf office, with local travel to workshop events
- Position: This is an unpaid volunteer position, however a commute stipend is giving for travel costs
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.