Our amazing team of vibrant & diverse volunteers helps us run our retail shops, raising money for vulnerable children, young people and families across the UK.
Do you have a keen eye for hidden gem? Our Digital Sales Volunteers find those items that will be more suitable for online sale. You will need to research the items and prepare them for pick up.
It would be great if you could volunteer one shift a week (or even more if you want) but we’re always happy to be flexible to work around your availability.
Digital Sales Volunteer
Where you will be based
Unit 3, Central Six Retail Park, Coventry, CV3 6TA, United Kingdom
Minimum age: 14
Why we want you
Our digital sales volunteer find those items that will be more suitable for sale eBay, Etsy or other online sites. You will need to research the items and prepare them for pick up.
What you will be doing
- Identifying possible items for sale and identifying the best place for it to be sold, such as eBay or Etsy
- Researching items and collating evidence to be sent with items
- Prepare and pack the boxes for items to be sent to the relevant place
- Preparing the items and taking photos of items that might need to be sold as 'pick up from store'
- Ensuring the store and back-area remains clean and tidy
- Ensure all health and safety policies and procedures are adhered to
- Ensure all security procedures are adhered to
The skills you need
- Good IT skills
- Good research skills
- An eye for a hidden gem
- Knowledge of (or willing to learn about) items that will sell well online
- Friendly and helpful
- Happy to be part of an amazing team of staff and volunteers
- Enthusiastic about the work of Barnardo’s
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and use your initiative
What's in it for you
- Volunteer in a fast paced and diverse environment
- Have fun and meet new people
- Develop skills for your CV including confidence, teamwork and problem solving
- Make a difference to the lives of children, young people and their families
- Learning and development opportunities through our Volunteer Academy which includes access to Level 2 Qualifications and other accredited courses
- Full training and experience of working in retail as a volunteer
We look to recruit a diverse range of volunteers. If your skills don't fit the above, please do not let this put you off as we are able to be flexible with most of our roles. If you are unable to apply online through the link on this page, please visit your local store for a paper application form or contact the Barnardo's Volunteering Team via our website.