Retail Volunteer- Exmouth 58541 /C2
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Our amazing team of vibrant & diverse volunteers helps us run over 700 shops. Our stores sell lots of great donated & new goods to help raise vital funds to make a real difference to disadvantaged children, young people and families across the UK.
Our retail stores are the face of our charity on the high-street and in local communities. We have loads of amazing stock donated to us every week, and this all needs to be sorted, tagged and put on the shop-floor for sale!
Making sure our shops look fantastic is another task you can get involved with. You may also be required to help out on the till too, but we will show you how that works during your time volunteering with us. We value the contribution of everyone who supports Barnardo’s.
You will be a friendly face of Barnardo’s by volunteering in one of our shops. It would be great if you could volunteer one shift a week (or even more if you want) but we’re always happy to be flexible to work around your availability.
Why we want you
Our amazing team of vibrant & diverse volunteers helps us run over 700 stores. Our stores sell lots of great donated and new goods to help raise vital funds to make a real difference to disadvantaged children, young people and families across the UK.
What you will be doing
- Work on the till processing sales and returns
- Prepare stock, including sorting, steaming and pricing
- Create stylish window displays
- Replenish stock on the shop floor
- Stock-take and other administrative tasks
The skills you need
- Friendly and helpful
- Happy to be part of an amazing team of staff and volunteers
- Enthusiastic about the work of Barnardo’s
- Flexible and willing to do a variety of the shop tasks
What's in it for you
- Have fun and meet new people
- Develop skills for your CV including confidence, teamwork and problem solving
- Make a difference to the lives of children, young people and their families
- Learning and development opportunities through our Volunteer Academy which includes access to Level 2 Qualifications and other accredited courses
- Full training and experience of working in retail as a volunteer
We look to recruit a diverse range of volunteers. If your skills don't fit the above, please do not let this put you off as we are able to be flexible with most of our roles. If you are unable to apply online through the link on this page, please visit your local store for a paper application form or contact the Barnardo's Volunteering Team on our website.
12-14 Chapel Street, Exmouth, Devon, EX8 1HS, United Kingdom
Minimum age: 14