Volunteer Nursery Assistant
Barnet Refugee Service runs a nursery for children of mothers attending an ESOL class at Hyde Children’s Centre, NW9 7EY.
The nursery is for children aged 0-3 and there are typically up to 7 children at the session.
Where? Hyde Children’s Centre, NW9 7EY
When? Tuesdays term-time only 9.15-11.45 am starting Tuesday 10 September 2019
The role would be to assist the qualified nursery nurse to look after and run activities with children. The role would suit someone with an interest in or a Childcare student who is working towards a qualification.
- An interest in working with children aged 0-3
- An understanding of the needs of this age group
- An awareness of safeguarding issues and a commitment to BRS’s Safeguarding policy
- Be punctual and reliable and able to commit to attending every session
- Be working towards a Childcare qualification
- Experience in a similar role or with children aged 0-3
- A First Aid certificate
Please note that travel expenses can only be paid up to a certain amount, so local applicants are encouraged to apply.