We are recruiting a Treasurer to help us make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability in Bexley!
Bexley Mencap is a local, independent charity passionate about providing a range of opportunities to empower people with a learning disability to live the lives they want to lead and provide support to their families and carers.
We are embarking on exciting new plans meaning that we need positive, passionate and skilled people who can help us to achieve our goals. Our Trustees are responsible for helping guide our charity, making sure that the people we support are at the heart of everything that we do. Being a Trustee involves being available for 2 hours a month to attend meetings or groups.
We are seeking an experienced and qualified finance professional to join the board to oversee the financial affairs of the charity and provide financial leadership to support the organisation's growth and development. Ideally you will have skills and experience in accountancy, audit and strategic financial management.
Purpose of the role
Our board plays an important role in ensuring that our organisation is truly great and impactful in every activity and service that it delivers. We aim to have a good mix of Trustees with a good range of skills and qualities, and a variety of professional and personal experience, which will help to ensure the board will make well-rounded decisions. We are currently seeking a Treasurer to help us oversee the financial governance for the organisation.
Collectively our board provide direction and oversight of the organisation by:
- Setting our vision, mission and values
- Contributing and overseeing the development of a strategy to help us achieve our objectives
- Ensuring that the people that we support are at the heart of everything we do and that we seek their views in developing strategy and services
- Ensuring that we comply with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Being responsible for the assets of the charity, including finances, buildings and our reputation
- To safeguard the good name and ethos of the organisation
- To ensure the financial stability of the organisation
- To appoint the Director/Chief Executive Officer and monitor his/her performance
What we are looking for
We are seeking specific attributes to help us ensure that our charity’s objectives are met, which include;
- Passion and commitment to improving the lives of people with a learning disability and their families and carers
- A dedication to inclusive working, valuing difference and respecting all colleagues
- Able to challenge and debate with respect and accept constructive challenge
- Strong leadership even during uncertain or difficult times, providing a steadying influence on the organisation
- Strategic vision, strategy setting and evaluation
- Able to spot threats, plan contingencies and provide solutions
- A commitment to learning and developing personal knowledge about our work
- A commitment to shared accountability
- An ability to think creatively
- Pro-active and enthusiastic
- Honesty, integrity and reliability
Whether you're an experienced Trustee looking for a new challenge or new to being a Trustee but looking for a new opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.