The Hive Cafe - Cafe Volunteers
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Volunteer job title: Café Volunteers.
Reports to: Reception Team Lead.
Role Days/Hours: We are seeking volunteers to help run our hospice cafés. Hours will vary between 10 am and 4 pm every day of the week, including weekends. However we will be flexible with hours to suit you.
Location: Birmingham Hospice Selly Park and Erdington.
How you can make a difference: Provide a much needed cuppa, homemade cakes and snacks for our colleagues, patients and their loved ones.
Why Birmingham Hospice needs you
Birmingham Hospice is looking for friendly and enthusiastic volunteers to help run our newly reopened hospice cafes. Volunteers will be key to its success, and we are aiming to have cover in the cafes between 10 am and 4 pm, 7 days a week.
The Hive cafés are at both our Erdington and Selly Park Sites. The main responsibilities of this role include taking and fulfilling orders, managing cash and card payments and cleaning/tidying up the café areas. With time we plan to dispense a wider range of products and food.
As a café volunteer you will be required to:
- Provide excellent customer service to our café visitors.
- Take customer orders, prepare food and drink to required standards.
- Monitor stock levels ensuring shortages are reported so they can be replenished.
- Ensure all café equipment is in good working order, reporting any faults/issues promptly.
- Ensure all relevant food safety instructions are adhered to.
- Maintain the cleanliness/tidiness of the cafés and areas, ensuring any waste is disposed of appropriately.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.