Do you have an interest in counselling?
Do you have professional qualifications / work history in finance?
Want to get behind the scenes of a charity and be involved in shaping how it operates and use your skills to offer financial monitoring and support?
Then the role of a Treasurer with Bradford Counselling Services is for you.
Bradford Counselling Services (BCS) is a small well-respected counselling Charity in the heart of Bradford.
BCS is a Registered Charity set up in 1990 to provide confidential counselling for anyone over the age of 13 years old in Bradford and the surrounding areas.
The role of a Treasurer along with the other Trustees is to:
With other trustees to hold the charity “in trust” for current and future beneficiaries by:
1. Ensuring that Bradford Counselling Services (BCS) complies with all legal and regulatory requirements as set out in the charities governing documents;
2. Ensuring that BCS has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction and is focused on achieving these;
3. Acting as guardians of BCS’ assets, both tangible and intangible, taking due care over their security, deployment and proper application;
4. Ensuring that BCS’ governance is of the highest possible standard
5. To always act in the best interests of BCS, it’s staff, volunteers and beneficiaries.
Trustee meetings are held in Bradford the first Thursday of every month 18:00-20:00.
Trustees will be asked, from time to time, to carry out pieces of work outside of monthly meetings such as policy reviews, research; work is distributed to those who are able and willing to take on extra roles as trustees.
Trustees don’t require any prior knowledge of counselling, experience of the charity sector would be beneficial.