Brain Research UK funds essential neurological research to discover the causes, develop new treatments and improve the lives of those affected.
In the UK, it is estimated that 11 million people are living with a neurological condition.
Altogether, there are more than 600 neurological conditions.
· We fund the best neurological research at centres of excellence throughout the UK:
· We fund ground-breaking basic and clinical research into neurological disease;
· We translate research discoveries into better treatments for patients;
· We support the next generation of neuroscientists and their discoveries
As the only general neurological research charity, we are committed to funding the best research to help the progress of neurological research to the benefit of all those affected.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Trustee to join our Board of Trustees. If you are enthusiastic about making a positive difference to those with a neurological condition and willing to work as part of a small, dynamic team we would like to hear from you.
Significant experience in the following areas is essential for the role:
- Experience of working within the Third Sector, ideally within a research/medical charity
- Successful experience of operating at senior level with a charitable, public sector or commercial organisation
- Demonstrable experience of building and sustaining high-value relationships with stakeholders and colleagues to help achieve organisational change and objectives
Skills, personal style and behaviours
- You will be enthusiastic and energetic and will readily understand that those with neurological conditions, and those who give their support to us, are at the heart of any and all of our actions
- Commitment to the vision and mission of BRUK
- An ability to work as part of a team as well as lead and drive, as appropriate
- A positive and open attitude, with the ability to understand the challenges of a small, dynamic team positioned for charitable growth
- A strategic thinker with vision, flair and enthusiasm
- High levels of integrity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A willingness to engage personal networks as and when appropriate to further the work of the charity
- Commitment to equality and diversity
- Willingness and ability to devote the necessary time and effort
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship, supported by an appreciation of the respective roles of the Chair and Chief Executive
If you are interested in applying please click the 'Apply button' and send your CV along with a covering letter explaining why your suitable to the role.