The main purpose of this volunteer role is to assist in the day to day running of our charity shop and café, No 31, to maximise sales.
We want to make sure that everyone who visits us has a great experience, we never forget the contribution our shop makes to those diagnosed with a brain tumour and their families across Yorkshire.
Your role can be flexible depending on your skills and experience with the various tasks outlined below:
- Assist with processing donations, including sorting, steaming, sizing, pricing and hanging.
- Clearing rubbish as and when needed
- Restock shelves and rails as required
- Sorting donations into saleable stock and items for recycling
- Serving and assisting customers
- Operating the till and handling cash
- Prepare drinks and serve to customers
- Keeping all areas clean and tidy, undertaking housekeeping duties
- Assisting with displays and creative ideas for attracting customer attention
- Stocktaking and other administrative tasks
- Sourcing other donations for the shop to sell
- Assist with health and safety checks
We are looking for people who are:
- Willing to learn about the work of Brain Tumour Research and Support Across Yorkshire
- Ability to communicate in a confident manner to a range of different groups
- Great team player with fantastic customer service skills
- Able to commit to agreed hours and provide reliable support
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.