Job Role: Trustee
Reports to: Chair of Trustees/Board of Trustees
Remuneration: This role is not accompanied by any financial remuneration, although reasonable expenses for travel may be claimed.
Location: The office is based in London, but we are open to trustees from all around the country
Who we are and what we do
BAMT is the professional body for music therapy in the UK, providing both practitioners and non-practitioners with professional support, information and training opportunities. We provide a voice for the profession, as well as for those who could benefit from music therapy. As a charity, we are committed to promoting and raising awareness of music therapy, developing understanding of music therapy through providing information to the general public, and supporting the advancement of education, research and professional practice.
What we are looking for
BAMT is a charity and a company. The trustees of the charity are also the Board of directors of the company. We are looking for up to two experienced, strategically minded people with expertise in one or more of the following areas to join our Board as trustees:
- Relationship Management
- Change Management
- Enterprise/Business Development
- The Board of Trustees meet 6 times a year between 6-8pm on alternating evenings. Trustees can join these meetings remotely.
- The trustees may be asked to take on specific roles and asked to attend additional meetings if necessary.
- All trustees are expected to participate in e-discussion and debate in response to a weekly e-digest.
- Trustees may be contacted by the core team for support in their specific area of expertise.
- Trustees may not serve for a period of more than nine years without a period of at least a year out of office.
If you are interested in applying, please contact BAMT Office in order to receive full application details. All completed applications need to be received by 28th August 2019.
Following the closing date, we will shortlist applicants on their ability to demonstrate expertise in the areas listed above. If you have not heard from us within 14 days, please assume you have not been short-listed on this occasion.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.