Could you be the face of the Windsor British Heart Foundation shop as a volunteer for a few hours a week? If you want to meet new people, gain skills and sales experience in a friendly environment and help the planet, then this is a great way to regain some confidence whilst helping raise live-saving funds.
With support around you, you will be processing sales through the till as a volunteer cashier, talking to customers and thanking every donor - helping us save lives from heart disease.
Say hello to the team:
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of volunteers to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.6 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases. This wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic volunteers.
Our Windsor shop team led by Yolanda and Vickie are welcoming and friendly, and love meeting people from all walks of life to get the job done whilst having some fun!
Typical tasks include:
· Serving customers in a helpful and friendly way
· Communicating with fellow volunteers about what has sold and needs re-stocking
· Serving on the till and taking payments
· Promoting Gift Aid and sales campaigns, and chatting to customers
· Acting as an ambassador for the British Heart Foundation
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet a diverse group
· The feel-good factor of helping the British Heart Foundation and giving back to your local community
· 25% discount on donated goods for volunteers
· Develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
· Gain valuable retail experience to add to your CV and learn new skills
· Flexible shifts across the week to fit around other commitments - 3 hours is a huge help!
· Reasonable travel reimbursed in agreement with the Manager
Please note we are unable to accept volunteers aged under 16 and we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders
Here's a little bit more about us:
The BHF is working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. By 2030, we want to see advances across the spectrum of heart and circulatory diseases; to prevent these conditions from developing and for those with existing conditions to have better, longer lives.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.