Could you be the face of your local British Heart Foundation shop? If you want to gain cashier and sales experience in a friendly environment, this is a great way to get a taste of a career in retail while helping raise live-saving funds. With support around you, you will be processing sales through the till as a cashier, talking to customers and thanking every donor - helping us beat heartbreak forever.
Say hello to the team:
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of volunteers to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.6 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases. This wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic volunteers.
Our team is welcoming and friendly, and we love meeting people from all walks of life.
Typical tasks include:
· Engaging with customers and serving them in a helpful and friendly way
· Communicating with fellow volunteers about what has sold and needs re-stocking
· Honing your retail and cashier skills behind the till and taking payments
· Helping with administration and reception duties around the till area
· Promoting Gift Aid and sales campaigns, and chatting to customers
· Acting as an ambassador for the British Heart Foundation
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet a diverse group
· The feel-good factor of helping the British Heart Foundation to beat heartbreak forever
· Develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
· Gain valuable retail experience to add to your CV and learn new skills
· Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle around your other commitments
· Reasonable travel reimbursed in agreement with the Manager
· 25% discount on donated goods for volunteers
Please note we are unable to accept volunteers aged under 16 and we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders
Here's a little bit more about us:
The BHF is here to beat heartbreak forever. We are working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. By 2030, we want to see advances across the spectrum of heart and circulatory diseases; to prevent these conditions from developing and we want those with existing conditions to have better, longer lives.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.