Do you have an interest in DIY and a bit of spare time? Volunteering to help us construct flat-pack furniture to a high standard in our new Edgeware British Heart Foundation furniture shop may be the volunteer role for you!
Working with the warehouse team who will support you with any larger items, you’ll ideally have some experience with flat-pack building, working with tools, and be confident following detailed instructions. Tools and training will be provided, questions are encouraged and your work will be quality checked and signed off by a Manager.
Say hello to the team:
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of volunteers to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.6 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases. This wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic volunteers.
Our new Edgeware furniture shop team are looking forward to welcoming volunteers to the team at the start of this new venture!
Typical tasks include:
· Following detailed build instructions using BHF supplied tools for flat-pack furniture
· Safely assembling flat-packed furniture for display in store and delivery to customers
· Having your work signed off by a Manager for a quality check
· Working to time frames for customer assembly requests – flexible shifts are an option
· Maintaining an organised and safe toolkit and work space, cleaning up when finished
· Taking inventory and problem solving during assembly and alerting the Manager to any defects / spare parts needed when beginning to construct flat-pack sets
· Carrying out minor repairs on donated items of furniture in agreement with the Warehouse Manager if you feel comfortable doing so
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work as part of a diverse team, meet people & make friends
· The feel-good factor of helping the British Heart Foundation in a practical role behind the scenes
· The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills, problem solve and work as a team
· The opportunity to utilise your experience or learn new skills to add to your CV
· Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle around your other commitments - choose your shifts
· Reasonable travel expenses reimbursed in agreement with the Managers
· 25% volunteer discount on donated goods
Please note - we are unable to accept volunteers aged under 16 and we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders
Here's a little bit more about us:
The BHF is here to Beat Heartbreak Forever. We are working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. By 2030, we want to see advances across the spectrum of heart and circulatory diseases; to prevent these conditions from developing and we want those with existing conditions to have better, longer lives.
We are COVID-secure, following current Government guidance. We provide sneeze screens at till-points, hand sanitiser, disinfectant and face coverings. We maintain a strict cleaning schedule and social distancing in our shops/ stores.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.