Volunteer Warehouse Operative
Are you someone who would like to stay in shape, help save the planet and raise funds to save lives? Volunteering in one of our local furniture store warehouses could be the answer.
We need warehouse operative volunteers to keep our stock moving by hand from the van to the warehouse and shop floor, and back to the van for delivery as items sell on the shop floor.
This role is physically active as it involves carrying furniture by hand but it’s not just moving furniture around. There are other opportunities to help in our warehouse, such as warehouse logistics, booking stock in and pricing, building flat-packed furniture, and testing electrical items – you can try different roles.
Say hello to the team:
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of volunteers to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.6 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases. This wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic volunteers.
Our team is welcoming and friendly, and we love meeting people from all walks of life.
Typical tasks include:
· Ensuring the warehouse is always kept in a clean, safe and organised state
· Safely lifting and carrying (by hand) a range of furniture items, big or small – it all helps!
· Dealing with van deliveries to the shop and preparing deliveries for customers
· Building flat-pack furniture for display purposes, carrying out light furniture repairs if confident alongside the Warehouse Supervisor
· Re-stocking furniture on the shop floor as items are sold
· Acting as an ambassador for the British Heart Foundation
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet a diverse group
· The feel-good factor of helping the British Heart Foundation beat heartbreak forever
· The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
· Gain valuable warehousing experience to add to your CV and learn new skills
· Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle around your other commitments
· Reasonable travel reimbursed in agreement with the Manager
· 25% volunteer discount on donated goods
Please note - we are unable to accept volunteers aged under 16 and we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders
Here's a little bit more about us
The BHF is here to Beat Heartbreak Forever. We are working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. By 2030, we want to see advances across the spectrum of heart and circulatory diseases; to prevent these conditions from developing and we want those with existing conditions to have better, longer lives.
COVID precautions: We are COVID-secure, following current Government guidance. We provide sneeze screens at till-points, hand sanitiser, disinfectant and face coverings. We maintain a strict cleaning schedule and social distancing in our shops/ stores.