Are you happy to chat on the telephone and can get by on a PC? Looking for administration or customer service experience? With lots of support from the shop team you will be the first point of contact for customers, helping them with any enquiries, arranging collections for donations and explaining our Gift Aid scheme. You will also be using our online collections system to process online donation requests and helping organise our van teams.
Say hello to the team:
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Last year our British Heart Foundation UK charity shops across the UK raised an incredible £28 million – this wouldn’t have been possible without our fantastic volunteers.
Our team is bright and bubbly, and we love meeting people from all walks of life.
Typical tasks include:
· Dealing with phone and online enquiries, supported by the shop team
· Reception and front of house duties, helping around the cashier desk
· Being organised and able to follow administration procedures accurately
· Providing good customer service and assisting the shop team and Manager
· Acting as an ambassador for the British Heart Foundation
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet a diverse group
· The feel-good factor of making an invaluable contribution towards the British Heart Foundation goal to Beat Heartbreak Forever
· The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
· The ability to gain valuable retail experience to add to your CV and learn new skills
· Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle
· Reasonable travel reimbursed in agreement with the Manager
Please note - we are unable to accept volunteers aged under 16 and we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders
Here's a little bit more about us:
The BHF is here to Beat Heartbreak Forever. We are working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases.
By 2030, we want to see advances across the spectrum of heart and circulatory diseases; we want to prevent these conditions from developing and we want those with existing conditions to have better, longer lives.