Are you looking to be part of a new team in a brand new furniture charity shop? Would you like to volunteer in a role that’s flexible, provides accreditation and helps save lives? Join our team at our brand new Edgeware Furniture store as a Customer Service & Bookings Administration volunteer!
This fast-paced administration role would benefit those wanting to either use their existing experience or gain some new skills in logistics, customer services or call handling. You will be the first point of contact for our customers; helping them with telephone & online enquires, arranging local collections and promoting our Gift Aid Scheme.
Say hello to the team:
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of volunteers to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.6 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases. This wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic volunteers.
The team at the new Edgeware store are looking forward to welcoming volunteers to their friendly team at the start of this new shop opening!
Typical tasks include:
· Handling phone / online bookings from local donors & processing collection enquiries
· Using our bespoke bookings & administration software (training provided)
· Ensuring accurate data entry of local collection pickups into our van schedule
· Providing great customer service on the phone and online
· Acting as an ambassador for the British Heart Foundation
It would be great if you have:
· An excellent telephone manner and good written communication skills
· Previous customer service / administration experience
· Good computing skills with a working knowledge of MS Office and data entry
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· Work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet a diverse group
· The feel-good factor of helping a cause in a vital role that is essential to the operation of the shop
· Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle around your other commitments
· Reasonable travel reimbursed in agreement with the Manager
· 25% volunteer discount on donated goods
Please note - we are unable to accept volunteers aged under 16 and we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders
Here's a little bit more about us:
The BHF is here to Beat Heartbreak Forever. We are working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases.
We are COVID-secure, following current Government guidance. We provide sneeze screens at till-points, hand sanitiser, disinfectant and face coverings. We maintain a strict cleaning schedule and social distancing in our shops/ store.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.