Are you good with electrical items, or do you have an interest in electrical gadgets? If you want to be part of a brand new charity shop in a voluntary role behind the scenes, this could be the volunteer position for you. Our electrical item tester volunteers make sure all our donated electrical items are fully functional and safe for sale after they have been PAT tested.
You’ll receive detailed training which you will need to complete before starting and ongoing support from the warehouse team. You will need an awareness of Health and Safety procedures and an attention to detail, but no specialist electrical knowledge is required. You will have a big impact on our mission to beat heartbreak forever, help the environment, and provide affordable quality electrical items for sale to local people.
Say hello to the team:
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of volunteers to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.6 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases. This wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic volunteers.
Our brand new Edgeware furniture store team are looking forward to welcoming volunteers on to the team at the start of this new venture!
Typical tasks include:
· Plugging PAT-tested items in, turning them on and making sure all the functions work correctly
· Following specific guidance on testing a vast range of different electrical items safely
· Cleaning donated items so they’re ready for re-sale
· Some light lifting with help on hand for the heavier items and white goods
· Identifying poor quality / damaged donations for recycling
· Identifying unusual or interesting items for online selling
· Acting as an ambassador for the British Heart Foundation
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet a diverse group
· The chance to help the British Heart Foundation and make a difference in a role that's behind the scenes
· Develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
· Utilise your existing experience or learn new skills
· Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle around your other commitments - choose your own shifts that suit you!
· Reasonable travel reimbursed in agreement with the Managers
· 25% discount on donated goods for volunteers
Please note - we are unable to accept volunteers aged under 16 and we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders
Here's a little bit more about us:
The BHF is here to Beat Heartbreak Forever. We are working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. By 2030, we want to see advances across the spectrum of heart and circulatory diseases; to prevent these conditions from developing and we want those with existing conditions to have better, longer lives.
We are COVID-secure, following current Government guidance. We provide sneeze screens at till-points, hand sanitiser, disinfectant and face coverings. We maintain a strict cleaning schedule and social distancing in our shops/ stores.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.