Do you know your way around online sales websites? Have you been buying and selling throughout lockdown and want to gain more experience in a professional capacity? Our new Edgeware furniture charity shop needs curious people to help with our online sales, allowing us to reach customers at home and raise life-saving funds.
Join our team as we open this brand new store by volunteering with us when you can each week with full training provided - help us beat heartbreak forever.
Say hello to the team:
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of volunteers to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.6 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases. This wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic volunteers.
The team at the new Edgeware store are looking forward to welcoming volunteers to their friendly team at the start of this new shop opening!
Typical tasks include:
· Photographing items for listing on various online selling sites
· Researching donated items to gather as much information on unusual items before listing them online – investigative work required!
· Getting involved in uploading as much practical information about the goods for sale
· Packing and posting items to be sent to our online sales HQ / delivered to customers
· Helping the Manager to handle online queries from customers
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet a diverse group
· The feel-good factor of helping the British Heart Foundation beat heartbreak forever
· The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
· Gain valuable online selling experience to add to your CV and learn new skills
· Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle around your other commitments - choose your own shifts to suit you!
· Reasonable travel reimbursed in agreement with the Manager
· 25% volunteer discount on donated goods
Please note - we are unable to accept volunteers aged under 16 and we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders
Here's a little bit more about us:
The BHF is here to Beat Heartbreak Forever. We are working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. By 2030, we want to see advances across the spectrum of heart and circulatory diseases; to prevent these conditions from developing and we want those with existing conditions to have better, longer lives.
We are COVID-secure, following current Government guidance. We provide sneeze screens at till-points, hand sanitiser, disinfectant and face coverings. We maintain a strict cleaning schedule and social distancing in our shops/ stores.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.