Do you love those head-turning displays in high street windows? Could you use your creativity to create eye-catching displays either in the windows or on the sales floor of our brand new Edgeware British Heart Foundation Furniture shop?
Come and volunteer with us when you can each week! This flexible volunteer role would suit someone who is new to retail or alternatively an old hand with lots of experience. You can get involved in selecting and displaying the amazing stock donated to us to great effect and really grab people’s attention as they walk past. We’ll provide you with the support and training you need.
Say hello to the team:
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of volunteers to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.6 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases. This wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic volunteers.
Our new Edgeware Furniture shop team are looking forward to welcoming volunteers to the team at the start of this new venture!
Typical tasks include:
· Creating attractive in-store and window displays alongside the Manager and shop team
· Making sure all price points, sale and campaign notices are clearly visible
· Using your creativity and experimenting within organisational guidelines to have a a big impact visually
· Utilising or further developing your understanding of visual merchandising
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet a diverse group
· The feel-good factor of helping the British heart Foundation in a flexible role that will draw in customers
· The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
· Utilise your previous merchandising experience and learn new skills
· Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle around your other commitments - choose shifts that suit you!
· Reasonable travel reimbursed in agreement with the Managers
· 25% volunteer discount on donated goods
Please note - we are unable to accept volunteers aged under 16 and we cannot accept volunteers with unspent criminal convictions or who are subject to criminal registers/orders
Here's a little bit more about us:
The BHF is here to Beat Heartbreak Forever. We are working towards a world free from the fear of heart and circulatory diseases. By 2030, we want to see advances across the spectrum of heart and circulatory diseases; to prevent these conditions from developing and we want those with existing conditions to have better, longer lives.
We are COVID-secure, following current Government guidance. We provide sneeze screens at till-points, hand sanitiser, disinfectant and face coverings. We maintain a strict cleaning schedule and social distancing in our shops/ stores
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.