From the items we get donated, to the wonderful volunteers who help run our shops, not to mention those who the funds help, the British Red Cross has many stories to tell. We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help us spread the word about the amazing things that happen in our shops. If you are over 16 and are looking to gain communications and marketing experience, or just flex your existing skills, we would love to have you on the team.
Covid19 Health and Safety Statement
The British Red Cross continues to apply the highest available standards across all nations and activities, to ensure our volunteers are protected, irrespective of where they work. Where possible we encourage all of our volunteers to work from home if they can.
Where a volunteer role cannot be performed from home, or a volunteer has only been able to volunteer from home and now wants to return to their usual place of work, volunteers will be invited to complete a risk assessment to support them to volunteer outside of their home, where it is safe to do so.
Deployment into role will be subject to the BRC safe working policy position and individual and building risk assessments.
Due to the need to accommodate a fixed number of people at one time in our shops due to coronavirus and current strict social distancing requirements, we regret that we may not be able to accommodate 15-17 year old volunteers in certain locations or at selected times due to a temporary lack of adequate supervision. The shop manager will advise you if this is the case after your application has been received.
|Retail - Communications and marketing volunteer|
Where you will be based
Why we want you
Our shops are unique environments where both the items and the people have a story to tell, and we need your help to tell these stories.
We are looking for a vibrant, confident communicator with a passion for social media and blogging to help grow our online presence. From in-store events to engaging with the wider second-hand community, this role will give you an opportunity to expand your communications and marketing skills, and all whilst spreading the power of kindness.
What you will be doing
- Drafting original and engaging content for our various communication channels.
- Visiting shops to find inspiration, capture stories and take photos and videos for our digital assets library.
- Attending all sorts of events and reporting back on what you find!
The skills you need
- No previous experience is needed, but an understanding of social media will help.
- Communications skills and adherence to British Red Cross guidance.
- Willingness to undertake induction in role.
What's in it for you
- Tangible experience of creating content for the world's largest humanitarian organisation.
- The chance to meet and work with our wonderful shop teams.