Customer Service Volunteer - Mobility Aids
Commitment: Mon 10am - 3pm, Tues 10am - 2pm, Wed 1pm - 3.30pm, Fri 1pm - 3.30pm
Location: John Nike House, 90 Eastern Avenue, Reading, Berkshire
Come and join our friendly team based in Reading and support your local community!
We provide people in your community with wheelchairs on a short-term basis.
Our Customer Service Volunteers use their people and administration skills to serve the public who require a wheelchair or other mobility equipment.
Your time will help people in your community stay independent by accessing a wheelchair.
- Issuing and receiving wheelchairs (or other mobility aids equipment) using a computer based stock control system.
- Demonstrating how to use and look after our wheelchairs (and other equipment).
- Dealing with enquiries from people wanting to borrow a wheelchair (or other equipment) by telephone, face to face and online.
- The opportunity to meet new people and be part of a dynamic and inclusive team
- Free training and ongoing upskilling.
- Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses
- The chance to truly make a difference to local lives.
Click Apply Online to register your interest and we will be in touch to arrange a phone call with you.
For further information, please email: or call 01227 864712
Connecting human kindness with human crisis
More about British Red Cross
Posted on: 04 October 2019
Closed date: 02 November 2019
Job ref: REQ0000025JB
Tags: Social Care/Development