Fundraising - Collections Volunteer
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for you to get involved by supporting our fundraising team regularly with collections in your community. We know everyone is different and will try to tailor the volunteering opportunity around you. There are a variety of activities available.
Typical tasks include
- Collecting at various locations such as supermarkets, offices, workplaces and public places (by prior agreement)
- Talking to supporters about our work
- Arranging collections in your community
- Active promotion of the British Red Cross and what we do
- Co-ordination of collections - You may wish to advance to counting cash and banking, plus recruiting and leading a small team of collectors
About the person
We are looking for someone who has:
- Enthusiasm and the ability to work both independently and in a team
- A warm smile and friendly outlook
- An interest in meeting people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
Minimum age for the role is 16. Parental consent, risk assessment and safeguarding considerations apply to under 18's. We value the energy and enthusiasm that young people can bring to this role
What We Offer:
- Meet new people and be part of a dynamic and inclusive team
- Gain experience and confidence by interacting with the public
- The knowledge that you are making a difference to people's lives
- Learning opportunities so you can represent the Red Cross with confidence
- Repayment of expenses (by prior agreement)
About the Team
Making a difference, one penny at a time.
Fundraising is the building block of the Red Cross, without it there'd be no Emergency First Aid, no Refugee Support, and no Disaster Relief. We're a busy bunch, with our team doing loads of different things, but we all share the same goal - to help those that need it most.
From ground level all the way to devising corporate fundraising strategies, we're a diverse team who never forgets that every penny raised could go to saving the life of someone in crisis.
Here's a little bit more about us...
The British Red Cross help anyone, anywhere in the UK; get the support they need if crisis strikes.
From hiring a wheelchair or dealing with loneliness, to adjusting to life in a new country - we're there when you need us. Our goal is to connect human kindness with human crisis.
We're part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and we believe in the power of kindness.
Our organisation was born out of a desire to bring help without discrimination. Impartiality and neutrality have been central values for the Red Cross since we started.
We support a huge range of people and we recruit for a diverse workforce - including disabled and ethnic minority candidates. This is to contribute to the breadth of experience we need to respond to people in crisis.
Connecting human kindness with human crisis