Office Volunteer - Fundraising
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for you to get involved by supporting our fundraising team. We know everyone is different and will try to tailor the volunteering opportunity around you. Being in an office based role there are a wide variety of activities available. We would love for you to be able to give us at least 4 hours a week in this role, during standard office hours.
Typical tasks include
- General administrative support
- Contacting local businesses, volunteers and supporters
- Helping with the organisation of fundraising events and promotions
- Active promotion of the British Red Cross and what we do
- Cash handling
- Contributing ideas for fundraising activities
About the person
- Enthusiasm and the ability to work both independently and in a team
- Basic computer literacy including Microsoft Office
- Good organisational and telephone skills
- Minimum age 15. Parental consent, risk assessment and safeguarding considerations apply to under 18's. We value the energy and enthusiasm that young people can bring to this role.
What We Offer:
- Meet new people and be part of a dynamic and inclusive team
- Gain experience of working in an office environment
- Learning opportunities so you can represent the Red Cross with confidence
- The knowledge that you are making a difference to people's lives
- Repayment of expenses (by prior agreement)
Induction and training
When you start your role, you will be introduced to your line manager who will discuss the role with you. We will ask you to complete our British Red Cross Foundation Course e-learning which gives you an overview of what we do and covers basic health and safety information. There will also be other training specific to your role.
Here's a little bit more about us...
The British Red Cross help anyone, anywhere in the UK; get the support they need if crisis strikes.
From hiring a wheelchair or dealing with loneliness, to adjusting to life in a new country - we're there when you need us. Our goal is to connect human kindness with human crisis.
We're part of the global Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, and we believe in the power of kindness.
Our organisation was born out of a desire to bring help without discrimination. Impartiality and neutrality have been central values for the Red Cross since we started.
We support a huge range of people and we recruit for a diverse workforce - including disabled and ethnic minority candidates. This is to contribute to the breadth of experience we need to respond to people in crisis.
Connecting human kindness with human crisis