Do you love flowers and plants? Do you enjoy meeting new people? Then we have the role for you!
We need help co-ordinating our Open Garden programme across the UK. Our Gardens Event Volunteers play an important role in making this possible.
If you think you have the skills needed and would like to join the team, please get in touch! You will need to be aged over 18
We look forward to meeting you!
Covid19 health and safety statement? We can now accept applications from people who are clinically extremely vulnerable or clinically vulnerable. Deployment into role is subject to government guidelines and individual and building risk assessments.
|Open Gardens volunteer|
Where you will be based
Why we want you
Across the UK we host lots of Open Gardens which need your help! We are looking for extra hands to promote the event across your networks of friends, colleagues and neighbours, to help prepare for event day, and to lend a hand in a variety in ways on the day!
What you will be doing
- Contacting garden owners to confirm arrangements
- Preparing and helping to deliver brochures to locations across the county
- Sharing posts on social media with your local contacts and groups
- Putting out signage before the event and taking down afterwards
- At the garden on the day - collecting money, directing people, organising and serving refreshments
The skills you need
- Enthusiasm and energy!?
- Passion for the great outdoors!?
- Willingness to travel and can drive (preferred but not essential)
What's in it for you
- Be involved in a fantastic event!?
- Gain experience and confidence??
- Use your skills to raise vital funds and make a difference
- Be the power of kindness in your community