The British Stammering Association is experiencing one of its most dynamic and exciting periods of activity in the charity’s 41 year history.
The Stamma awareness campaign has been seen by over 5 million people with the charity’s membership steadily growing. We’ve a small, passionate team working from our office in Bethnal Green, and huge ambition. We are a comparatively small charity, with an annual income averaging £200K.
The Board is looking to appoint a Treasurer to help guide the organisation’s finances over the years ahead. We aren’t necessarily looking for someone who stammers, but we are looking to recruit someone with a passion for the cause.
We are looking for the following qualifications and experience:-
- Qualified accountant with experience of financial control and budgeting at a senior level
- Ideally some experience of charity finance, fundraising and pension schemes
- The skills to analyse proposals and examine their financial consequences
- Preparedness to make unpopular recommendations to the board
- Willingness to be available to the CEO and Finance Officer for advice and enquiries on an ad hoc basis.
- Experience of Sage accounting.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.